Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thread Archive Policy

1. Back To Top    #1

Thread Archive Policy

What is the policy to archive, or remove a thread from the forum? For example, in the under construction forum there is approx 3 pages of threads, but there are many others that likely have had activity in the last few weeks. What is the method for cutoff in the forum? i find myself frequently scrolling for certain recent builds that disappear over time. Of course I can find them with the search feature, but I dont always remember them by name. And sometimes there are 5 pages of threads, other times 3 pages. It is confusing.

Thanks for the clarity.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thread Archive Policy

You can always "subscribe" to a thread and be notifed by email of any new posts to it. Only Moderators and up can delete threads from public view. Lord only knows how far back our threads run..............2007 I think.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Grump,

If you scroll down to the bottom of a section, you will see "Thread Display Options". As a default, this is set to "Last Week". You can change this to anything from "Last Day" to the "Beginning" of that section. I think this will fix your problem.
    19328 Gallon Above Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage Pump. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ah! That makes sense. I guess it always fluctuated in size based on how many threads were commented on during the week. That should do the trick. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

5. Back To Top    #5

If you go to your Settings (under Pool School), then pick General Settings on the left, then scroll down to the Thread Display Options, change the Default Thread Age Cut Off: to "Show all threads"

Nothing ever expires or gets archived and rarely is anything deleted. You can look back to the beginning
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!