Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting ready to buy a new pool. Please double check I'm not missing anything

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting ready to buy a new pool. Please double check I'm not missing anything

I will be purchasing the 15 foot saltwater 5000 resin pool from the Pool Factory in a few days as it's currently on sale. Here is what I am getting. And my questions. Please help, I never had a permanent pool, just intex. I will be having a professional installer come.

- Unibead liner. Guy said they hook like J-hooks on top of the wall. Do I buy J-Hooks?? Wife doesn't want overlap because I think you see the liner
    overlapping the pool and she wants a 'cleaner' look. But I think overlap is easier?
    - Pool cove
    - Pool wall foam
    - Armor Shield Floor Pad
    - 1.5 yards of mason sand.
    - 2x8x16 paver blocks for the legs
    - 3/4 HP pump and 50 sq cartridge filter connected as one unit from Doheny's
    - Slice valves so I can change the cartridge or clean it
    - Already have a ladder
    - Should I get winterizing plugs and a winterizing skimmer cover??? or just drain below the returns like I did on my intex???
    - Will my intex salt water generator connect to the pump? I think it will since it comes with 1.5" hoses but not positive???

Thanks guys. Anything else I'm missing?
    Gallons: 3500 Gallons
    Pool: Intex 14'x42" Round Metal Frame
    Filter: 1000 GPH Cartridge Filter (Came with pool)
    Using Intex Saltwater Generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting ready to buy a new pool. Please double check I'm not missing anything

My pool installer said overlap isn't easier, he preferred unibead.
    AGP 33' x 54" Lomart Verona, Approx. 27,300 gallons, Pentair cartridge filter/pump 2-speed, 1.5 hp, Dolphin Escape robotic cleaner.