Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward heater with EasyTouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward heater with EasyTouch

I just got a screaming deal on a Hayward 350k BTU heater (link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00212O9EI...ing=UTF8&psc=1 if anyone wants it). Will I be able to run that with a Pentair EasyTouch?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward heater with EasyTouch

You most definitely can use the Hayward heater with Easy Touch.

Here is a link to the heater manual:

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...stallation.pdf

Use the two wire connection method (pg 30) and connect a two wire cable to the Easy Touch HEATER (J19) connector.

You basically set the heater thermostat as high as it will go for both pool and spa modes, put the heater into remote control mode then let the Easy touch use its own water temp sensor to control the heater.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Congrats. Make sure you have it installed by a licensed professional.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The price continues to drop. Amazon must have excess inventory or something.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hayward heater with EasyTouch

Quote Originally Posted by Drew80 View Post
    Awesome, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

The price continues to drop. Amazon must have excess inventory or something.
    Not to be a downer or anything, but you might want to call Hayward if you haven't done so already and check on the warranty. Sometimes buying pool equipment online (as opposed to through their distribution channel) voids the warranty to nothing more than 60 days. Amazon Prime and credit card warranty programs might extend that out to a year (maybe?) but a lot of the manufacturers restrict their longer term warranties through authorized dealers only and require proof of a professional installation.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

I see at least one report online of Hayward honoring their warranty through Amazon, but I'll give them a call to make sure. Too late either way. =P

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the warranty information is in the product listing, and it's direct from Hayward, so looks like I'm good.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

You really should call them. Trust us! I've been in the business a long time and I can tell you that the written warranty is different if you buy online and or don't have it installed by a licensed company/person. I have seen Hayward cut their warranty in half if you install it yourself.

I can also tell you that these units have issues.
    Paul

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

8. Back To Top    #8

I called Hayward - they completely honor the warranty if you buy from Amazon. Score!

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Good luck!
    Paul