Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Protective Cover for Polaris 9450

1. Back To Top    #1

Palm Springs, CA

Protective Cover for Polaris 9450

Due to space restrictions, My Polaris 9450 robot and caddy with the control panel tend to receive a lot of direct sunlight. Not good, especially since I live in the desert. I thought about buying a vinyl cover, similar to a BBQ cover, but wanted to hear from others first. Has anyone else found they needed to create or buy a cover for their 9450? Where did you find it, or what did you use to make it?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sacramento CA

Re: Protective Cover for Polaris 9450

I built a small wood cabinet backed up to my fence, on my deck. Around 42" high, 30" wide, 24" deep, with swinging door on front. Used fence boards over 2x2's, with roof felt underneath to keep most of the rain out. Also doubles as workbench for water testing, and stores other small stuff. Probably cost me $30.
    25,000 gal IG rectangular, quartz, re-plastered 7/2016
    Pentair equipment: VS pump, 520 filter, IC40 SWG, IntellipH, EastTouch 8, wireless control.
    Polaris P955 robotic cleaner. Taylor K-2006C. Solar Breeze NX.
    Future: Solar panels

3. Back To Top    #3

Broken Arrow, OK (Tulsa)

Re: Protective Cover for Polaris 9450

I use a small vertical smoker cover I found at Lowes for my Maytronics robot power supply/cart.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.