Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time pool owner from DFW, Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

First time pool owner from DFW, Texas

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say, "Hi" and introduce myself as I'm sure, as a first time pool owner, I'll be learning a lot and asking a lot of questions from the group here. The engineer in me is excited about all this equipment! Hopefully with your help I can learn all about these systems and give back to the community.

Our pool is scheduled to be finished next week, just in time for winter!! At least I can try out the spa. I'm told since it's a pebble pool it'll (probably) only take a few days before we can get in the pool rather than a few weeks. Not holding my breath, but I hope that's accurate!

Here's the design:

Thanks for the great community you have here!
    19K gal, IG pebble, 3 HP Intelliflo VS+SVRS, 420 sqft Pentair Cartridge Filter, IC40 SWG, IntelliPH, EasyTouch, Screenlogic2, 48sqft Spa, 400K BTU NG Mastertemp Heater, Legend 1 cleaner, 1 HP Boost Rite cleaner pump, TF100 Test Kit w/stirrer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time pool owner from DFW, Texas

Hi, and welcome!!! Nice looking pool.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First time pool owner from DFW, Texas

Looks very nice. Don't forget to have your proper test kit on-hand as soon as water goes in. I always recommend the TF-100 (link below). You'll want to watch those levels close - especially in a new pool as it cures. Congrats!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!