Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A Bitterswet Day

1. Back To Top    #1

A Bitterswet Day

Today I installed the winter cover and leaf cover on my pool. Although no one has been swimming for nearly a month, it still chokes me up a bit I won't be able to see my TFP sparkling water for many months!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 18' x 52" AG with Sand Filter Pump & SWG (Model ECO15110) about 7,600 gallons tested with a K-2006-SALT.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A Bitterswet Day

So sad....
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

3. Back To Top    #3

Took mine down yesterday....Very sad to see that sparkly water being used for irrigation instead of swimming. I ended up doing a complete tear down as we will be doing some landscaping for next season. At least we'll have space for the ice rink if our winter permits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Intex 12' x 30" "Starter" AGP ~ 1700gal, Intex 1050gph pump & 12" sand filter, (2) 200ft x 1/2" diy solar collector coils, BBB and TroubleFree!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice cover/wrap you did. See you next spring.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

I feel your pain!
    We still need to drain and put the cover on. We've just been too busy to get to it. Temps got down to 37 deg F last night, so I better move fast.

john.esher: I also wanted to ask where you got your outdoor clock from? Is it weather proof? We are looking for one and noticed yours in the pic.

You can also sleep well knowing your pool is well covered, and have wonderful dreams of next year's swimming season.
    mariane
    16 x 28 AG Doughboy pool with deep end drain and thru the wall skimmer, vinyl liner, 7' deep end ~11500 gals. 16" media master 150# sand filter using zeosand, 1.4 sq ft filter area, 1 hp, 10 amp Doughboy Power Pak II pump, TF-100 test kit. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit Michigan.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mariane View Post
    I feel your pain!

john.esher: I also wanted to ask where you got your outdoor clock from? Is it weather proof? We are looking for one and noticed yours in the pic.
    I got it at Lowe's. Not sure of the brand Garden Treasures maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Intex 18' x 52" AG with Sand Filter Pump & SWG (Model ECO15110) about 7,600 gallons tested with a K-2006-SALT.

7. Back To Top    #7

Sad time of year.
    14,000 gallon above ground 24ftx56in round vinyl overlap liner steel wall sand filter 1/2 hp pump heavy lime in city water morning shade

8. Back To Top    #8

It's going to be a long winter!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Sad indeed. Took ours down last week. I could have left it up, but it only takes a few hours to set back up and we so enjoy our patio during the fall and winter.
    Ant
    16'x48" Summer Escapes Pro-Series, AG, Ultra-Frame, Intex CS15110 Sand filter/SWG, 5061 GAL, TF-100 Test Kit w/ K-1766 Salt Test and Speedstir.
    Pool School, ABC's of Water Chemistry, CYA/Chlorine Chart, Water Balance for SWG's, Pool Math.