Reinventing the Wheel

Jun 8, 2009
Columbus, OH
Just moved into a house that has a pool. So as a brand new pool person, what do I do? Call for help (No internet access in the beginning). Advice from a relative was add this much chlorine and so much of this and so much of that and you'll be fine.......

Little did either of us know that the previous owner was a fan of Baqu-Goo :shock: (Didn't find the empty bottle of stuff hidden in the basement until after we finally got the pool clear). Who knew pools could turn such pretty colors??? Anyway, after days and days of dumping chlorine, the water is finally clear!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I moved into the new house, got the boxes unpacked, pool looking good, and finally got internet access (amazing what you take for granted until you move out into the sticks). Then I decided to do some searching on-line about pool maintenance and ran across this site. All I can say is... I WISH I HAD ACCESS TO THIS FROM THE BEGINNING!!!! You guys (and gals) are Fantastic! Learned volumes already. Now instead of threatening to fill in the swamp I've been fighting, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Sorry this is so long, just had to vent a little.