Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward/Goldine PL-Plus clorination system-adjust salt cell output settings

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward/Goldine PL-Plus clorination system-adjust salt cell output settings

My chlorine levels are running high as the temperatures begin to cool here in Arizona. I have adjusted the salt cell output in the past with no problems. Lately, I find that my PL-PLUS Settings menu does not show the salt cell output adjustment option when the pool is running. The monitor indicates that the salt cell is off and orp at threshold level. I assume that due to the total chlorine levels being high the sense and dispense system has shut down the salt cell. Thus, not allowing me to set the cell output levels. Does anyone know if there is a way to override this and set my salt cell to lower output while the chlorine levels are high?
    I have a Presidential pool with 11040 gal capacity. My pool is a salt water system maintained by a Hayward/Goldine PL-PLUS chlorination system and control panel. I also have a Hayward Sense & Dispense Ph & Orp monitoring and dispensing system. The pool is clam shaped with a pebble finish and cool decking on the surrounding patio.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward/Goldine PL-Plus clorination system-adjust salt cell output settings

What is your CYA and what is your ORP setting?

3. Back To Top    #3

Orp set at 650 mV, CYA: approx. 100ppm.
    I have a Presidential pool with 11040 gal capacity. My pool is a salt water system maintained by a Hayward/Goldine PL-PLUS chlorination system and control panel. I also have a Hayward Sense & Dispense Ph & Orp monitoring and dispensing system. The pool is clam shaped with a pebble finish and cool decking on the surrounding patio.

4. Back To Top    #4

ORP: 650, CYA approx. 100ppm

5. Back To Top    #5

Cya is the problem. ORP won't work with CYA that high. In my opinion, I wouldn't use a chemical sensing and dispensing system.