Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heater for my set up?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tampa, FL

Heater for my set up?

So, all of these closing threads are making me sad. I don't have to close, but the water is still gonna be too cold!

Does anyone have any kind of experience with heaters for above ground Intex pools, with the saltwater system that I have? Additional problem is that I don't have access to natural gas, so it would need to be electric.
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

2. Back To Top    #2

Oshawa, ON, Canada

Re: Heater for my set up?

Intex makes an electric heater, though I'm not certain how effective they are, I've never used one. In my area, electric heating is cost prohibitive for a pool. Electricity is just too expensive for the volume of water. Just had a thought that if NG isn't an option, you may want to look into propane options. I've seen propane fired spa heaters that could be run off a 20lb tank. I suppose it all depends on how large the water volume is. Larger tanks are of course available almost everywhere that sells bbq equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Intex 12' x 30" "Starter" AGP ~ 1700gal, Intex 1050gph pump & 12" sand filter, (2) 200ft x 1/2" diy solar collector coils, BBB and TroubleFree!!!