Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So Cal Temecula Check In

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink So Cal Temecula Check In

Hello Everyone!

This Forum is great. I started browsing about a month ago. Thank you to all who are taking the time to help and offer your advice backed up by years of experience.

I am a pool owner of 15 years. I have a smaller pool (16,000 gallons) with two water features (waterfall and slide). Three pool pumps, The main is pentair mutli speed. Other two are for the water features. The pool is pebble tech

I purchased the test kit recommended by forum members to help combat my CYA. Long story short right now the pool is empty...CYA was well over 200, but at the beginning of Summer it was perfect.

I am looking forward to testing my own water and following the guidance here and using the products recommended to balance the water (bleach vs Chlorine for instance)

I needed to replace a non VGB drain cover, not just because of VGB but the screw inserts in mud ring had fallen out, and since the CYA was high (algae too) I decided to drain and replace the two main drain covers and the Jacuzzi.

I replaced with the Paramount SDX Retro which I am very pleased with. I will do a power wash and then add water in a few days.

Nice to be part of the group.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: So Cal Temecula Check In

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

To get the best possible discussions here, take a look at "Read Before Posting" which is linked in my signature below. It provides instructions for adding a signature which includes your pool details. Glad to hear that you got your CYA under control
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice to have you with us, and great to see you obtained on of the proper test kits. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! You will find a wealth of info here! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. One of the experts will be glad to help you out.

Btw, y'all make some great wine in Temecula!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop