Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Has anyone added extra relays to a Hayward PS8 controller?

1. Back To Top    #1

Has anyone added extra relays to a Hayward PS8 controller?

Hello all. I have a Hayward PS8 controller with valve actuator outputs 3 & 4 unused. I noticed I can configure the names for all the valve outputs to the same names as the 8 relays. Since the valve actuators operate off of 24 volts AC, I was wondering if anyone has wired relays to the unused valve actuator outputs. That would give me a total of 10 relays.
    10,340 gal IG Gemstone Micro Fusion Radiance pebble pool with raised spa. Hayward Pro Logic PS 8 controller, rock waterfalls with 2 flame bowels, 2 bubblers, Hayward SP3215X20 2 HP filter pump, Hayward XP321015 1.5 HP water feature pump, Hayward 6060 3/4 HP Booster pump, Hayward C4030 425 sq. ft. Cartridge filter, Hayward 400,000 BTU natural gas heater, Polaris 280 cleaner, Stenner 10 GPD chlorine feed pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Has anyone added extra relays to a Hayward PS8 controller?

That sounds like a great idea if it's possible.

Here's a friendly bump!

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!