Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Genie Skimmer Leaking

1. Back To Top    #1

Unhappy Aqua Genie Skimmer Leaking

I've been losing a lot of water whenever I run my pump and have finally narrowed my problem down to a leak at the discharge of my skimmer. (At least I think that's what it is since the water never goes any lower than just below the skimmer.) I have an Aqua Genie that's all one piece with the discharge directly below the intake. Does anyone know of a way for me to confirm that this really is where the leak is? And if this is the problem, what do I do about it?
    FYI - I just had a brand new liner installed with all new gaskets and the skimmer was working fine before I replaced the liner, so I'm really frustrated now! Even my pool guy that put in the new liner is at a loss.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aqua Genie Skimmer Leaking

Let's see some photos of the genie -
    & they can be a real pain to service..

Anything that touches water can leak - so eyes wide open..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #3

I was told I could pressure test, so been looking for an oriface pressure test plate and can't seem to find it anywhere. Would you know where I can get one? Or know of a different to do a pressure test?

4. Back To Top    #4

They do make and sell blank oriface plates but just go to hardware store and get a sheet of rubber gasket material to replace the slotted gasket. Or you could even make a makeshift wood or plexi plate.
    14x26 rectangle vinyl liner pool . 1.5 hp 2 speed tri star pump, 2 aqua genie skimmers , no main drain. 175 sq ft star clear cartridge filter. 200,000 btu hayward heater Tf-100