Rattling sound inside Bromide Feeder

Jul 25, 2010
What could cause a rattling sound inside one of these feeders. I've had the lid off, the interior is empty. There is a small black hole at the inside base of the feeder....is there a spring on the other side (pipe side) of this? The rattling is not constant, nor is it associated with filter pressure, or time of day, temperature that I can see. I don't use it and am thinking the best way is to cut it out of the system altogether, but thought I'd ask here first in case someone can shed light on the issue. please see pic.

Thanks

Attachments

• Bromide Feeder.jpg
    Bromide Feeder.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 21
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/R24290D320ChlorineBromineFeeder.pdf, At the bottom under the white plug is a small hole that you can get a driver to remove the locking screw. Once that's out you can unscrew the body of the chlorinator off the pipe. Underneath there is a check valve that is probably making the noise you hear. Since you don't use it really means nothing, and as Dom said you probably better off taking out of system

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.