Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rattling sound inside Bromide Feeder

1. Back To Top    #1

Rattling sound inside Bromide Feeder

What could cause a rattling sound inside one of these feeders. I've had the lid off, the interior is empty. There is a small black hole at the inside base of the feeder....is there a spring on the other side (pipe side) of this? The rattling is not constant, nor is it associated with filter pressure, or time of day, temperature that I can see. I don't use it and am thinking the best way is to cut it out of the system altogether, but thought I'd ask here first in case someone can shed light on the issue. please see pic.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Rattling sound inside Bromide Feeder

If this were my pool I would remove it altogether and move on. One less thing to worry about leaking
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Rattling sound inside Bromide Feeder

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/R242...mineFeeder.pdf, At the bottom under the white plug is a small hole that you can get a driver to remove the locking screw. Once that's out you can unscrew the body of the chlorinator off the pipe. Underneath there is a check valve that is probably making the noise you hear. Since you don't use it really means nothing, and as Dom said you probably better off taking out of system