Augusta, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I haven't been on the forum for a bit because the TFP method WORKS GREAT! Clean, sparkling pool all summer. Thank you, fellow TFP bloggers :p

We decided to keep our pool open for the winter, and in reading other posts, the take away I have seen is: a) FC doesn't change much due to less sun, so the SWG needs to be set back when running; b) need to keep an eye on the temps and set the filter to run continuously when there is the potential for freezing weather; c) the same maintenance continues (balance, brush, vacuum).

My questions are:
1. Keeping leaves out as we head into fall-- what is the best cover to put on that will avoid increasing the chance for algae, that we can we on during day and night?

2. And, do we need to invest in a generator to run the pump should the power go out-- we just moved from PA, but hear there are ice storms that can cause power outages here. We have an IGP, and talking with others indicate that even if at night the temps fall below freezing, they never stay that way during the day. (Hence, we have bugs that never die....)

My questions are:

1. Keeping leaves out as we head into fall-- what is the best cover to put on that will avoid increasing the chance for algae, that we can we on during day and night?

This all depends on if you will be using the pool or not. There are covers specifically designed only for leaves and then there are solid covers that prevent everything, including sun light from entering the pool. Use a search engine for "pool covers that prevent leaves from entering" and you should find something.

2. And, do we need to invest in a generator to run the pump should the power go out-- we just moved from PA, but hear there are ice storms that can cause power outages here. We have an IGP, and talking with others indicate that even if at night the temps fall below freezing, they never stay that way during the day. (Hence, we have bugs that never die....)

Depending on the cover, a generator may not be need, especially if shielded from the sun. Then again, the power goes out, I am more concerned about inside than outside. Even if the pool became cloudy or slightly green, you can quickly clear up the pool with a proper test kit and the TFP methodology.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.