Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: poolpal android app is off?

1. Back To Top    #1

poolpal android app is off?

Hi,
    Using tfp in spa for now over 2 years and works like a charme. Using stenner like pump to inject liquid chlorine during filter cycle.
    I noticed suddenly that the poolpal app that i use for recording values is suddenly showing weird numerbs for CSI and LSI.

With:
    Temp 102.2 F
    FC 5.5
    CC 05
    PH 7.6
    TA 50
    CH 150
    CYA 30
    Borates 50

Poolpal gives me a CSI of -0,85 and a LSI of -0,84 and warn's with corrosive
    Poolmath calculates a CSI of -0.42, no clue what the LSI is.

I guess that since the spa is kind of fiberglass this would not be a problem but would like an expert opinion on this.
    (BTW poolpal was calculation correctly on android pre 6.0.1)

Thanks in advance,
    Edwin
    Arctic Spa Klondike Legend SE
    AG / Filter Cardtrige 50m2/ TFP / borates / TF100
    478 gallon @ 99.5-103.1 F Depending on season
    Ozonator disconnected

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

Re: poolpal android app is off?

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2014 View Post
    Hi,
    Using tfp in spa for now over 2 years and works like a charme. Using stenner like pump to inject liquid chlorine during filter cycle.
    I noticed suddenly that the poolpal app that i use for recording values is suddenly showing weird numerbs for CSI and LSI.

With:
    Temp 102.2 F
    FC 5.5
    CC 05
    PH 7.6
    TA 50
    CH 150
    CYA 30
    Borates 50

Poolpal gives me a CSI of -0,85 and a LSI of -0,84 and warn's with corrosive
    Poolmath calculates a CSI of -0.42, no clue what the LSI is.

I guess that since the spa is kind of fiberglass this would not be a problem but would like an expert opinion on this.
    (BTW poolpal was calculation correctly on android pre 6.0.1)

Thanks in advance,
    Edwin
    Sounds like PoolPal is having issues then.

Use Pool Math and you should never have to worry about errors like that.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Agreed, we know that PoolMath is correct. I am not familiar with poolpal. If your tub is acrylic, fiberglass or other non-plaster material then any CSI below 0 is fine. Very negative CSI is only a risk for plaster.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep in mind that TFP is only responsible for developing and maintaining PoolMath. If you are having any issues with other programs you will have to contact the developers of that program.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Try poollogger.com too if you can, it should calculate everything for you if you need logging functionality as well.
    13k Gallon IG Pebble w/ attached Spa, AquaRite T-Cell-15 SWG, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Hayward 400k Heater, TF-100 Kit, Pool Logger

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank for info. Wil try poollogger. In the meantime made a shortcut to poolmath to homescreen android. Bit hard to read on phone 😕
    Arctic Spa Klondike Legend SE
    AG / Filter Cardtrige 50m2/ TFP / borates / TF100
    478 gallon @ 99.5-103.1 F Depending on season
    Ozonator disconnected