Baquacil vs polyquat

Apr 3, 2016
Baltimore MD
Crud! I realize when I went to Leslies I bought Baquacil algaecide and not polyquat 60.

For closing I was going to add the max dose of algaecide. Think I'm ok to use this baquacil rather than polyquat? Or is the same thing?

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crud again! Receipt says they won't take chemicals back after 14 days. Fun. So now I have this baquacil algaecide.

I would take it back as you are making an exchange. I suspect they would want to keep you as a customer. Suspect that is on receipt so people don't buy a "summer's" worth of chemicals when on sale, then try to return the unused at the end of the season.

It's just a little blue quart bottle that says "step 3"

It has two main ingredients. Both benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I ordered the right stuff on Amazon. It will be here Wed. Pipes get blown out on Thurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard Baquacil algaecide is usually a mixture of linear quat algaecides. You do not want to use it in your pool as it will be oxidized by chlorine and cause foaming.

Return it if you can or dispose of it. It's no use to your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.