Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New in St Pete FL, 1980's pool, resurfaced, salt system, travertine patio last year

1. Back To Top    #1

New in St Pete FL, 1980's pool, resurfaced, salt system, travertine patio last year

Hi, I'm Amy. I bought and renovated a 1960's florida concrete block ranch in 2015. When I bought, the pool was filled with mud and debris and the house had been vacant for over a year. We had the pool resurfaced, we added a travertine pool deck/coping, and a few months later converted to salt. I live in NC, so I'm only at the house 1/4 to 1/2 of the time. We have a full service pool company - we've actually had a couple - it's not so easy to find great service. The current company seems to do a good job keeping up with the pool (aside from an issue I'll post in pumps) - but they don't leave any info about what they're doing. Ugh. Oh well.

Glad to join the group and learn from you all!

DSCN1462.jpgcoquina key - 4 of 7.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New in St Pete FL, 1980's pool, resurfaced, salt system, travertine patio last ye

What a pretty reno! Nice job! Love to see another FL person even if it is only part time LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New in St Pete FL, 1980's pool, resurfaced, salt system, travertine patio last ye

Nice upgrade. Looks like the slide disappeared.
    19K gal IG vinyl, AuqaRite Digital TCell15 SWG, 3/4HP Tristar Pump, Sand Filter. Gas Heater, Navigator Cleaner.
    Simple solutions resolve complex problems more often than complex solutions solve simple problems.
    Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.