Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how to yank out this eyeball? (pool return eyeball)

1. Back To Top    #1

how to yank out this eyeball? (pool return eyeball)

20161008_160907.jpg

closing the pool myself the first time...blowing out the lines, lowering the water level, etc...was the easy parts...
    this old pool return ..I couldn't figure it out..
    I tried turning it with pliers..it didn't give...is there a trick to this particular eyeball?
    I think it's a jacuzzi brand return from long ago....
    most instruction videos online shows returns that comes off easily...this one looks really different
    i believe the part with the three prongs holding the eyeball is threaded ..i kinda remember from last year's closing done by the pool guy...
    do i pull out the round circular cover around it first (didn't seem to come out)..or is there a trick to it?

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

Re: how to yank out this eyeball? (pool return eyeball)

Welcome to the forum.

While I'm not familiar with that style of eyeball, I thought I would 'bump' this thread to the top for more attention.

Honestly, from that picture I don't think it's removable, but I guess you've personally seen it removed previously.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks..
    showed my local pool supply store the pic and they told me to get this pool return eyeball wrench
    it works...
    1936_EYEBALL_WINTER_WRENCH.jpg

4. Back To Top    #4
    TFP Guide

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!