Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autocover Pool Build Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Autocover Pool Build Problem

Hi we are in the middle of our pool build and our rectangle pool on the shallow end was not built straight, see pictures. This means there is a large gap when the cover closes.. the builder is trying to suggest ways to fix so the cover performs as intended (so closing the gap) but the ideas have been terrible (like insert a piece of decking in the end of the pool - which would of course look terrible) has anyone fixed this, what should we say to the builder ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autocover Pool Build Problem

Try again to add those pics.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

We'll see if Honeybadger stops by. He's our autocover expert.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013

4. Back To Top    #4

I was gonna ask him to chime in after we see more of the issue. I think it would be hard now...

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for looking at this - I hope this image attach! Curved wall 13.JPGCurved wall 3.JPGCurved wall 10.JPG

6. Back To Top    #6

Hmmm. Sent PM.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Hard to tell from photos.. But even if the pool was out of square, the decking is really out of wack..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Agreed. The pool could very well be square (diagonal lengths are equal) but it's the end wall/ decking that has a wave in it.
    The PB should pay to have a custom leading bar manufactured to match the wonky end wall of your pool.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Agreed. The pool could very well be square (diagonal lengths are equal) but it's the end wall/ decking that has a wave in it.
    The PB should pay to have a custom leading bar manufactured to match the wonky end wall of your pool.
    I agree with this. You may want to contact the cover manufacturer to see what they say is the best solution, and then present to PB.

I have auto cover, but because my pool is not rectangular, I had to use the tracking on top, so this wouldn't happen for me. But had I had rectangular, I would have chosen your mounting method, and would not be happy with that. Keep us filled in on how this goes.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the replies!
    18x36 Inground Pool. Vinyl liner on concrete floor with Polymer panels walls. Concrete step. Pentair pump, heater and sand filter. Salt system.