Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about ladder

I just bought a ladder from craigslist. AC_22489_wMat_sm.jpg

2 Questions. #1 it says to put 40lbs of sand in the ladder, is that necessary? #2 It says to cut it to size so it attaches to the top rail of the pool, is that necessary? I didn't do either of those when I had my intex pool. Now I'm planning on getting a 15 foot about ground resin pool (saltwater 5000 pool)
    Gallons: 3500 Gallons
    Pool: Intex 14'x42" Round Metal Frame
    Filter: 1000 GPH Cartridge Filter (Came with pool)
    Using Intex Saltwater Generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about ladder

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    I just bought a ladder from craigslist. AC_22489_wMat_sm.jpg

2 Questions. #1 it says to put 40lbs of sand in the ladder, is that necessary? #2 It says to cut it to size so it attaches to the top rail of the pool, is that necessary? I didn't do either of those when I had my intex pool. Now I'm planning on getting a 15 foot about ground resin pool (saltwater 5000 pool)
    I would fill it with water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AG Tahoe 16' 54", vinyl liner, 6500 gal, Calimar 1 hp single speed pump w/ 19" sand filter. June 2016 install replacing a 9 year old Intex ultra frame 16'. Sitting on 17.5' x 6" concrete pad with rebar. 20' x 2.5' solar heater. Going to get Taylor K-2006 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

is it critical to have the platform attached to the top rail? I don't want to drill holes in the rail. Is there another way to secure it? I plan on buying a saltwater 5000 pool
    15'x52 Saltwater 5000 Round Pool

4. Back To Top    #4

looks like the same one I have. I drilled extra holes on the pool side lader so it fills with water like above poster. I did not attach it to top rail, but it does move if you make currents in the water and is wobbly getting in and out.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    is it critical to have the platform attached to the top rail? I don't want to drill holes in the rail. Is there another way to secure it? I plan on buying a saltwater 5000 pool
    15'x52 Saltwater 5000 Round Pool
    The ladder should be securely fastened to the pool to prevent injury.

I use two heavy duty bungie cords to hold mine in place, and fill the inside and outside step rails with water. As long as there is no horsing around on the ladder it stays put no problem.

If you don't want to drill into your top rail I suggest you find some other way to secure the ladder.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by domct203 View Post
    The ladder should be securely fastened to the pool to prevent injury.

I use two heavy duty bungie cords to hold mine in place, and fill the inside and outside step rails with water. As long as there is no horsing around on the ladder it stays put no problem.

If you don't want to drill into your top rail I suggest you find some other way to secure the ladder.

what are the bungie cords attached to? are you worried about the water freezing in the winter and cracking the ladder?