Advice on CH

Feb 6, 2013
Jupiter, Florida
TFP says my CH should be between 350-450. Pool Calc says 250-350. Which should I go by?

Current tests below. Already added MA for pH and will be adding some stabilizer later today. As soon as I find the bucket my wife hid in prep for hurricane..!

FAC - 6
FAC - 0-.1
CH - 370
CYA - 60
TA - 80
pH - 8.0
Borates - 50
Salt - 3200
Temp - 83
CSI - .11

Your numbers are fine. I would try to drop the TA a little further (see if 60ppm is reasonable) and then keep the pH in the 7.6-7.8 range. That should work just fine.

FYI, my CH is pushing 1000ppm and my numbers are not much different than yours. So, even though we "Recommend" 350-450ppm, you can be well outside the CH range and still very easily balance your pool water to avoid scaling. If by "Pool Calc" you a referring to the ThePoolCalculator, we recommend you don't use that site but instead use PoolMath. TFP does not maintain ThePoolCalculator website and I don't think the owners of that site even bother to maintain it anymore. PoolMath has all of the up to date recommendations and we actively maintain the PoolMath website.

Thanks. Lowering pH with the MA should bring TA down some correct? I did add 35 or so ozs. of stabilizer to raise CYA a little. Am using "Pool Math" but used the generic "Pool Calc" term. my bad! Sort of like calling a soft drink a "coke" in the south!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.