Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Reno - Old Dog Needing to Learn New Tricks

1. Back To Top    #1

New Reno - Old Dog Needing to Learn New Tricks

Been 5 years since it was last used. Wife and I decided this was the year to get it running again. She's retired. I'm working to pay for her retirement. Just joined TFP after reading a lot of the threads. Thought I'd say Hi and include before and after renovation pics of a pool from 1972. All happened in 12 days start to finish just 2 weeks ago. Closed yesterday but did get a chance to jump in before. Temp was 62. We're talking major shrinkage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (100.6 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (94.5 KB, 27 views)
    19K gal IG vinyl, AuqaRite Digital TCell15 SWG, 3/4HP Tristar Pump, Sand Filter. Gas Heater, Navigator Cleaner.
    Simple solutions resolve complex problems more often than complex solutions solve simple problems.
    Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New Reno - Old Dog Needing to Learn New Tricks

Well Hey There! Glad to have you join us.

That is one nifty looking pool....but the shed is my dream shed!! All very custom looking.

Congrats to the wife for retirement
    Maddie- TFP Guide. 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. Nice to be here. Looking forward to sharpening the skills. We like the shape it's very retro. Didn't have the steps before the reno. The shed is crazy big inside. Actually has an attic. Tons of storage space.
    19K gal IG vinyl, AuqaRite Digital TCell15 SWG, 3/4HP Tristar Pump, Sand Filter. Gas Heater, Navigator Cleaner.
    Simple solutions resolve complex problems more often than complex solutions solve simple problems.

4. Back To Top    #4

HI! If you have been reading at all you KNOW we want to see before pictures!

I love your siggy! Words to live by here!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. Been reading for sure. Must have 50 pics of various reno stages but as a new member it seems I have limitations. Added the before above. Hope this works.

6. Back To Top    #6

There are two ways to add more pics:

-Become a supporting member as seen here:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

There are many good reasons to do this-discount on testing stuff and at inyopool.com, more photo storage, tax benefits, and it helps us keep the lights on!

You can also use the img code from places like photo bucket.

I can't wait to see them!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit