Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Out of curiosity- for those that have had a deck professionally built

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Out of curiosity- for those that have had a deck professionally built

I'm wondering if it's normal for the workers to only work 5-6 hrs on the site?

We have some frustrations, over all, with the company, but I wanted to see if this was normal. His worker is only here from 8:30/9-2:45. The first 2 days, he was here at 7:30 am. He left still around 3, but at least that was a regular work day.

We have had electricians, gas line installer, and the pool installers and they all worked a full days work when here. We're extremely irritated with this deck guy (not the worker), so if him having his worker here only 5-6 hrs is normal, that is one less thing to be ticked off about
    19,000 gallons AG (18x40)
    Hayward Voyager system w/ 1.5hp Matrix pump
    Install: 8/2016
    Hayward 200,000 Btu NG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Out of curiosity- for those that have had a deck professionally built

It seems such things are becoming the norm with residential construction crews doing smaller jobs. I just had a 9 ft section of exterior wall torn out and rebuilt which including removing 2 windows, replacing with them with 1 and replacing a door last month. This small project turned into a 3 day job with 3 guys on site most of the time 4-5 hours per day.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Contractors can be spotty, especially if they have enough time before their deadline to focus on other jobs that are closer to the finish date. Either the contractor is juggling people between multiple sites or his worker has another job on his own.

The weather doesn't look too harsh in Milwaukee right now so he can't be melting from the afternoon sun, it's probably another job. does the work look like it's going to be done by the time it was promised?
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Varies by contractor. I've had ones work 10+ hour days and others drag on for days what could have been a 1 day job. Suspect those that drag on for days are those that tell people that they can start immediately/soon so they lock in job that otherwise they may lose.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.