Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Will glazed porcelain tile hold up indoors with salt water?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Will glazed porcelain tile hold up indoors with salt water?

Hi All,

Installed our SW pool this spring. Figured the $ outlay was about done. However, we want to finish part of the basement to have full bath, changing room, and place to hang out - wet bar, ice maker, ... Since there will be dripping people going through to bathroom and coming in for drinks/food, are looking at glazed porcelain tile for flooring. I will use an epoxy based grout which seals out water/staining, and this will be mounted on the concrete.

My question is if I need to worry about the saltwater sitting on tile? I would suspect it would be fine and just need to clean regularly as would see dried deposits. Hoping to hear from others that have this setup.

thanks,
    Gary
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Will glazed porcelain tile hold up indoors with salt water?

I had an above ground saltwater pool for years and my entire floor is tile. No problems with the tile at all.
    21x40 Legacy Mountain Lake about 17,000 gallons, Slate Gray Liner. Hayward S 200 Series Sand filter, Hayward Goldline Aquarite SWG T-Cell 15) , and Hayward Super Pump. Automated on a timer system! Dolphin M400 cleaner. Taylor K 2005 test kit and K-1766. Stamped concrete and pool house.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Will glazed porcelain tile hold up indoors with salt water?

Thanks Amanda.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.