Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa dimensions

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa dimensions

I'm working on a new design, and my GC and I will be subbing everything out ourselves. I'm trying to decide the dimensions of the spa. We'd like to be able to hold 8 comfortably - here are my questions:

1. Is 7'x9' large enough to hold that many people, given that 8 will be a rarity. It will mostly just be my wife and me.
    2. What dimensions should the benches be inside the spa?
    3. What water depth should we be shooting for?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Oceanside, Ca

Re: Spa dimensions

http:// here is ours - the noted depths are the distance below the top of the bond beam (before coping). this size has worked well for us - my wife says the deepest bench is too deep for her but I like it being taller. The range of bench depths works well for changing moods and different preferences.
    18500G Freeform IG pool & spa. 39'x19' Wet Edge Satin Matrix Tahitian Tropical. AquaPure 1400 SWG, JXI 400K BTU HTR, VSSHP270AUT 2.7HP VS PMP, 460CF + CS150 Cart Filter, PFPF2.0 2HP jet pump for spa jets, 1HP wtr ftr pmp Jandy LED RGBW 9W Nichless lights (3x-pool, 1x-spa), 2 - 24" sheer descents, 4 - deck jets, 2 - LED Laminar jets, Construction start 5/5/16 - Fill date 8/9/16. SD County SoCal (Oceanside). TF100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spa dimensions

Thanks diver! Very helpful!