CircuPool Install, Couldn't be happier

May 27, 2016
Boca Raton, FL
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share my great experience with discount salt pools and the easy install of an SJ-40. First pool and I really wanted to do salt so after some research, I went with the SJ-40 for our 14k gallon pool and couldn't be happier. Install was really straight forward but the cell housing leaked at the seal so I called DSP and then Circupool who promptly sent a new O ring and all is well. I love the piping coming in the bottom, due to our weird setup and the clear cell looks great (hopefully it won't crack like others have reported). Running at 25% right now for about 6 hours a day and the FC is around 4 so I need to drop down the run times.

After installing the SWC, figured I would give it some protection from the sun and clean up the mess on the side of pool and built the following. I just finished it tonight, right before the hurricane so it still needs a bit more finish work. There's some concrete dust on it from the wall (front corner is not white, just dirty) and while the stain is an all in one, I think I need to give it a shine with some sealant. The support on the CBC wall is a bit high, which screws up the gap in the front but Lowes was out of tap cons so it will have to wait for a fix :(

Thank you all for your help!

Old mess after some serious clean up, believe it or not (painted everything brown to blend in but it was still ugly):
OxgFlWi.jpg

Closed:
FLytyiI.jpg

Open, need some bigger struts to hold it open, they looked bigger online :D
nu30MFY.jpg

Built the box to match the lounge chairs and table I built, which I should have stained as well but wife wanted blue...

ou505QP.jpg

Neat set up...

I'm thinking you should be shooting for an FC of 4 or more. Check out this chart... Chlorine CYA Chart

Better to have your FC too high and never have an issue than letting it get too low and ending up with algae.

I like your hiding place for your equipment..

Jim R.

Neat set up...

I'm thinking you should be shooting for an FC of 4 or more. Check out this chart... Chlorine CYA Chart

Better to have your FC too high and never have an issue than letting it get too low and ending up with algae.

I like your hiding place for your equipment..

Jim R.

Thanks guys and yes, I thought so as well but the book that came with the SWC says to aim for 1-3 FC, thought that was low!

I am thinking of converting to salt system while my pool is empty. I do not know much about salt and just starting my research. The SJ40, isn't that a bit overkill for this size pool? Mine is roughly the same size (16,000) gallons. I understand about oversizing but this seems to overkill?

I am thinking of converting to salt system while my pool is empty. I do not know much about salt and just starting my research. The SJ40, isn't that a bit overkill for this size pool? Mine is roughly the same size (16,000) gallons. I understand about oversizing but this seems to overkill?

Actually, here at TFP, we recommend oversizing SWG units to TWICE the pool volume. It would not be overkill for your pool. Oversizing SWG units extends the longevity of the cell and reduces electricity costs. If you can run your SWG for shorter periods, you don't have to run your pump as long. Higher output SWG cells allow shorter pump run times.

I too have an SJ40 and it works great. One complaint however. On install and just yesterday, after cleaning the cell for the first time, I have a similar leaking problem...a slow drip about once every 10 seconds. On install, I held the cell in and, after a few trys, got it to seal. Yesterday, however, no matter what I try, I have the same drip. I too have called the manufacturer and they are sending me a replacement O ring. Just wondering how you assembled yours and how tight you turned the cap...thanks.

I too have an SJ40 and it works great. One complaint however. On install and just yesterday, after cleaning the cell for the first time, I have a similar leaking problem...a slow drip about once every 10 seconds. On install, I held the cell in and, after a few trys, got it to seal. Yesterday, however, no matter what I try, I have the same drip. I too have called the manufacturer and they are sending me a replacement O ring. Just wondering how you assembled yours and how tight you turned the cap...thanks.

Exact same problem. I tired pretty lose to pretty tight and while tighter helped, it still had a slow drip. I actually ended up using both o rings and their suggestion and haven't seen a drip since.

Good luck!

As for the over sizing, buying the 20 and getting the 40 for a buck more, seemed like a no brainer. Being able to run it at 25%, should in theory, make the cell last much longer. When you start researching how much the replacement cells cost, you realize they are the expensive part so I would like to put that off for as long as possible.

Updated, non dark pic. Do you think the pump will get too hot? So far, it seems pretty cool in there but...
suCdwxH.jpg

As for the over sizing, buying the 20 and getting the 40 for a buck more, seemed like a no brainer. Being able to run it at 25%, should in theory, make the cell last much longer. When you start researching how much the replacement cells cost, you realize they are the expensive part so I would like to put that off for as long as possible.

How long are you running your pump daily? The real savings with a higher output SWG is reducing pump time. Can you shorten your pump run time by running the SWG at higher % for shorter periods?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Exact same problem. I tired pretty lose to pretty tight and while tighter helped, it still had a slow drip. I actually ended up using both o rings and their suggestion and haven't seen a drip since.

Good luck!

Updated, non dark pic. Do you think the pump will get too hot? So far, it seems pretty cool in there but...
suCdwxH.jpg
Here in the Dallas area, water temps can get to 92 or so for a month or two. I ran my SJ40 at 75% (I have a 12,000 gal pool) for about two weeks, but 50% has been sufficient ever since. During the hottest days, I was running it for 10 hours per day. I run it for 1 hour per 10 degrees....so, now, when it averages 80 during the day, I'm running it for 8 hours dail (on 50%). Recent chlorine test was 5.
Thanks for the O ring info...but how do you get 2 O rings in the cavity???

Thanks for sharing. Do you get the plans for those chairs from Ana White's website? I built four of them this year to take the place of our plastic chaise lounges that were showing their age. Contrary to your situation, my wife wanted them stained, not painted.

Too sorry I missed this but yep, got the plans from there! I did a double lounger from there and another site I found (message me if you want me to find it or I'll check back here) that came out great at our old place and looked so much better stained. After seeing how nice the pool box came out, I think I'm going to remake the loungers and stain them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.