PE1353 Wiring Help to Swap Single Speed to Dual Speed Pump

Gigem94

Gold Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Hello community,

I need some help and advice on the wiring side. I have a single 240V circuit coming from the panel to my timer box. The 240V at the panel is connected to two x single 20amp breakers (which I do not believe are GFCI). At the timer box, I recently dumped the two yellow intermatics for a single PE1353 to provide more accurate on/off switching, specifically for my stenner pump. Current wiring is setup in Mode 1, with circuit #1 operating single speed Challenger pump, circuit #2 operates the heater (but it will never need a timer so it can move), and circuit #3 operating the stenner.

I am swapping our my old challenger single speed for a new B2983 dual speed. I will run another wire from switch to pump to accommodate the need. My equipment in the final state will include: B2983 pool pump, Pentair Heater, Stenner Pump. My plan is to wire as following:

Post 1 - 240 line from panel, jumper to post 3, line to heater
Post 2 - 240 neutral from panel, line to B2983 pump common terminal, neutral to stenner, neutral to heater

Post 3 - jumper to 5
Post 4 - load to B2983 high speed terminal

Post 5 - jumper to 7
Post 6 - load to B2983 low speed terminal

Post 7 -
Post 8 - load to stenner

Ground = 240 V, B2983, Heater, Stenner

I plan to use Mode 2 for the 1353 and will low speed (circuit 2) always for circulation on a scheduled basis and freeze protection. Hi speed (circuit 1) will always be manual and only used if I ever vacuum which I almost never do or heat the pool/spa. I may have mixed up the line/load terms above, but hopefully it makes sense.

I appreciate the advice from you experts. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.