Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelichem -- Controling Intelichlor

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelichem -- Controling Intelichlor

Hello,

I have Intelichem that is managing my PH and FC. To take better control of my pool, can anyone tell me if there is away to disable Intelichem from controlling my Intelichlor all together? I would still like to Intelichem to continue to manage my PH, but I would like to manage the FC directly through the percentage setting on the Intelichlor.

Thanks,
    Mike
    To be built Spring 2016. 750 sq foot gunite free form. Raised spa with spillover and dedicated pump, 16 foot fiberglass slide built into hill with bolder steps, approx 1,000 sq foot stamped concrete deck, Pentair VS+SVRS pump, Sta-Rite 400,000 btu gas heater, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair Intellichem, Pentair Easytouch, Rapids 4WD pool cleaner, 2 LED Intellibrite lights.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelichem -- Controling Intelichlor

Quote Originally Posted by Mam262 View Post
    Hello,

I have Intelichem that is managing my PH and FC. To take better control of my pool, can anyone tell me if there is away to disable Intelichem from controlling my Intelichlor all together? I would still like to Intelichem to continue to manage my PH, but I would like to manage the FC directly through the percentage setting on the Intelichlor.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I believe the way you have to do this is to run the IntelliChlor's serial communication cable directly into your EasyTouch control panel. The ET panel provides power to the IC but if you follow the cabling, the communication cable for the IC goes into your IntelliChem controller. So you basically need to move the current data connection from the IntelliChem to the ET panel's personality board.

How you reprogram the Intellichem to tell it that it no longer has an SWG to control is above my pay-grade...
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Just a question: we're debating between Intillichem and Accutrol or Aquasol. Do you like your intellichem? What is the intellichlor?
    19,300 gallons, IG, plaster, sand. Built ca. 1982. Taylor High. Spa: IG 830 gals.

4. Back To Top    #4

I like the Intelichem. It is doing a really good job managing my PH. It is not so good in managing my FC, but have found an easy work around via programming it so it is working pretty well now.

Intelichlor is my Salt Water Generator that is creating my chlorine. It is a Pentair product. I how that helps but please let me know if you have any other questions.
    To be built Spring 2016. 750 sq foot gunite free form. Raised spa with spillover and dedicated pump, 16 foot fiberglass slide built into hill with bolder steps, approx 1,000 sq foot stamped concrete deck, Pentair VS+SVRS pump, Sta-Rite 400,000 btu gas heater, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair Intellichem, Pentair Easytouch, Rapids 4WD pool cleaner, 2 LED Intellibrite lights.