experience with in floor cleaning systems with swg?

mojoaz

Sep 30, 2016
AZ
I am in the planning phase of pool build in AZ. 16 x 36 IG. equipment tbd. I know I want to go SWG and I like the idea of in floor pop up cleaning system for esthetics (hate the hose) and hopefully ease of maintenance but have read a lot of negatives. That the pop ups fail & need a lot of maintenance, that they get corroded by the swg, that they don't work well..etc. I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has experience with it, the good and the bad. Budget is a factor and I'm wondering if I should spend the ($3K?) elsewhere and just deal with the hose? If not in floor then suction vs pressure vs robotic? Thanks in advance for replies!

Welcome to TFP!

If you're considering in-floor, look at the warranties of each system. Some have a limited warranty of one to several years on the heads and other parts. Others have a lifetime warranty (to the original owner) of those parts. The cost of just one head is about 50-75 bucks, so a good warranty will save you $$$$$$.

Also, look for a system that's designed by the manufacturer for your specific pool design - pool builders usually aren't very good at in-floor head placement design.

I've had my system for 17 years and the manufacturer has replaced heads and other parts under the lifetime warranty. I do not have a SWCG, but I do know of someone who has my same in-floor system as I do - and has a SWCG...... they haven't any corrosion issues from the salt. IIRC, all metal parts on mine are stainless steel.

As for suction vs pressure-side vs robot - the robot may be more $$ up front, but will save in electricity as it doesn't need the pump to run to power it.

I'm sure others will be along to offer additional advise and comments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.