Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Securing winter cover to pool uprights

1. Back To Top    #1

Securing winter cover to pool uprights

This is my third winter coming trying to figure it out what is best method to keep my pool winter cover on my pool. First year I used the cable only and it didn't took long before it was blown away. Second winter I used the shrink wrap. Was blown away also. Then I secure the cover to few 1 gallon jugs and 5 gallon buckets. Cover got ripped in few spots from the eyelets. So I need to purchase new cover this year. Now I'm thinking to do this:
    109_LibImg(6).jpg

At work we have a lot of rivet nuts and a tool to install them. My concern is do you guys think this is safe? Or the nuts might get pulled out? Anyone did this? I will not stretch my cover like on the picture. I will just use the provided cable that came with cover and secure it with adjustable straps to eyebolts installed in the uprights.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Securing winter cover to pool uprights

Have you tried cover clips? They help hold down the cover at the top rail.
    13700 gal, 32'x16'x54" AG oval, vinyl, Echo Canyon II, 8500 series, Narrow Yard, Safety Fence & Stair, Sta-Rite Crystal Flow T-210WF, 44 GPM, Hayward SP1580TL 1HP Pump, Aqua Luminator, Festiva wedding cake steps, March 2006, TFT-100, Speed-Stir, Sample Sizer. Avatar Credit: TJ Townsend

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Securing winter cover to pool uprights

Oh yes. First small wind and they pop off like popcorn
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub