Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about inner seam on Summer Waves pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about inner seam on Summer Waves pool

I have this inner seam that runs the entire circumference on the bottom edge where side meets bottom. It looks as if the seam was fused and then the leftover was hand cut. Since I set the pool up, debris and dirt has settled in the edge underneath. After vacuuming I have to go around the edge using my foot to pull back and vac it. I just drained it today for storage. I'm wondering if I could glue it down for next year. I don't think cutting it any closer is advantageous. Thoughts? Ideas? Or leave it? I love my pool...just tired of this edge where crud gets caught.

6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, skimmer/pump all in one included with the pool. City water

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about inner seam on Summer Waves pool

Here is one more pic, that is a drain at the bottom.

6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, skimmer/pump all in one included with the pool. City water

3. Back To Top    #3

If it bothers you enough, glue it down if you can, trim it off ( very carefully) if you can't.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. It's just a big pain to constantly vac it because I have lots of trees that shed.

5. Back To Top    #5

Get a robot! My Intex auto cleaner scoops up anything that tries to accumulate in the seams.
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kellyfair View Post
    Get a robot! My Intex auto cleaner scoops up anything that tries to accumulate in the seams.

Ditto! That thing is perhaps the best $50 I've ever spent. I run it 24x7, and only manually vacuumed my pool once this year.
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"