I am in the process of getting quotes to get my pool remodeled and the information the contractors are giving me seem to be all over the place. I've had 6 companies here to discuss.
It is a 16 year old Gunite pool 15,000 gal.
The work I'm planning to get done is:
- Large rocks removed in place of coping stones to match existing coping.
- Clean up tile/water feature (sand/bead blast)
I've been told differing things about each of these tasks:
- Rust spots (I have two of them) will either just be covered, or drilled down and treated.
- Removal of the large rocks can, will or wont damage the existing tiles. (Told 3 different things)
- Acid wash/hot start will make the existing water jets and drain covers look like new and they wont need to be replaced.
I would really like some input here. As I have no experience with this, moved into this house a year ago and have no experience with a pool prior to this.
Also is there any other work I should consider having done with all of this?
This is in Houston, TX. If anyone can recommend any particular companies I'd appreciate it.