Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build in NE Houston area

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in NE Houston area

Hello All.
    This will be our first pool, we've also been lurking a while . We have spoken with a couple of PBs and I think we are close to picking one. The PB we are leaning towards to starts with a video plan , and says once we have agreed on the plan, then she sends the formal plans and specs it out .
    We are asking for for a Freeform pool with a spa and also thinking of a of Salt pool, this will be In- ground , size about 18 X 34.
    I have attached a video link , and some pics we have captured from it( Hope it works ) . Please share your initial thoughts.
    https://youtu.be/ODNZBTN2G1I.

Harry
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in NE Houston area

Move the stairs to the other side of the shelf and add a table and you almost have my pool! Which obviously means I love your design! lol Congratulations on getting started!

Your stair exit in that second to last picture looks a little awkward where it butts up to the spa so you might want to look at that but otherwise it's beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

with the stairs I concur , I think either one more step facing away from the spa might do it .

4. Back To Top    #4

This will be a fun one to watch! Those steps remind me of "Suz's Steps" from this epic build:

Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

It might take you a while to get through the tread but we all had a blast helping her build her pool. We would love to help you build yours as well!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

@Kimkats , still yet to go through that thread , but her steps are really nice, thanks for feedback

6. Back To Top    #6

Any updates to the design? This will be so fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi guys still going through the designs ,I just got picture renderings from PB2, he seems to have a more a contemporary feel , but it is different , pls let me know your thoughts compared with PB1

pb2.3.jpgpb2.2.jpgpb2.1.jpg

8. Back To Top    #8

It looks like a goldfish cracker LOL

Looks like it would have a lot of tight places that would be hard to keep clean......around the "eye". I like the first design much better.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks Kim for your thoughts , was trying something different , but just like you said there might be some tights spaces