Intex Pool Cleaner - Only Moves One Direction

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
Hi,

SO, our first summer with pool is coming to a close. As I have stated in the past, since we are in AZ I am going to try and just cover and leave the pool up over the winter. I am ready to cover it - but I am having a small problem.

Our Intex auto pool cleaner (robot) is only going a single direction. I have cleaned it out (it was pretty full), and confirmed it is not any wheel issue -- But the water only squirts out one direction and it ends up sitting in the same place along the wall forever.

Obviously I can just deal with this next spring as needed - but I would like it to continue to run for a few hours a day even over the winter to keep it as clean as possible. I am not exactly sure how these things work as far as changing deciding when to switch directions - when I take off the filter on it, it doesn't seem complicated, but I have not taken out the big white piece inside - my guess is something is possibly clogged in there - but I don't really know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help this summer.

Sorry I can't help with your pool cleaner, but I hope this 'bump' will get your thread some new attention.

Have you you tried to contact Intex about this?

I suspect something is stuck inside the white gear box, but I haven't opened mine up yet to see what's inside it, so I'm sorry that I can't be much help.

If you do open it up, grease it with white lithium grease before you put it back together and see if that helps.

Thanks for the bump and the attempted response - yeah - I have not taken it apart - and probably wont bother. Pool is covered now - most likely until spring - and since they aren't that expensive I ll probably just by another one next spring.

ETA - I mean I haven't taken the gear box apart. Obviously I have cleaned it etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.