Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Cleaner - Only Moves One Direction

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Pool Cleaner - Only Moves One Direction

Hi,

SO, our first summer with pool is coming to a close. As I have stated in the past, since we are in AZ I am going to try and just cover and leave the pool up over the winter. I am ready to cover it - but I am having a small problem.

Our Intex auto pool cleaner (robot) is only going a single direction. I have cleaned it out (it was pretty full), and confirmed it is not any wheel issue -- But the water only squirts out one direction and it ends up sitting in the same place along the wall forever.

Obviously I can just deal with this next spring as needed - but I would like it to continue to run for a few hours a day even over the winter to keep it as clean as possible. I am not exactly sure how these things work as far as changing deciding when to switch directions - when I take off the filter on it, it doesn't seem complicated, but I have not taken out the big white piece inside - my guess is something is possibly clogged in there - but I don't really know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help this summer.
    Intex 18'x9'x52 - 2800 GPH Sand Filter/Pump - TF100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Pool Cleaner - Only Moves One Direction

Sorry I can't help with your pool cleaner, but I hope this 'bump' will get your thread some new attention.

Have you you tried to contact Intex about this?
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I suspect something is stuck inside the white gear box, but I haven't opened mine up yet to see what's inside it, so I'm sorry that I can't be much help.

If you do open it up, grease it with white lithium grease before you put it back together and see if that helps.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the bump and the attempted response - yeah - I have not taken it apart - and probably wont bother. Pool is covered now - most likely until spring - and since they aren't that expensive I ll probably just by another one next spring.

ETA - I mean I haven't taken the gear box apart. Obviously I have cleaned it etc.
    Intex 18'x9'x52 - 2800 GPH Sand Filter/Pump - TF100 Test Kit