Does pink antifreeze turn clear?

gerg

Jul 18, 2016
Philly Suburbs
I closed my pool yesterday, drained the water down below the skimmer and returns. I put a gizmo in the skimmer, and poured a couple inches of pink pool antifreeze in the bottom. This morning I went out and opened the skimmer to make sure the gizmo was sealed, and the liquid is now clear instead of pink. Is that normal?

Where did you pour the liquid? In the skimmer basket or down the skimmer drain? I can not image you will be able to see the water in the piping if blown out correctly. I removed literally 99% of all the water in the skimmer runs.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not use Anti-freeze, but chances are that is normal!

Where did you pour the liquid? In the skimmer basket or down the skimmer drain? I can not image you will be able to see the water in the piping if blown out correctly. I removed literally 99% of all the water in the skimmer runs.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not use Anti-freeze, but chances are that is normal!

I blew out the lines, and poured some anti freeze down the drain (cheap insurance). Then I put the gizmo in and poured some anti freeze in the bottom of the skimmer basket. When I checked this morning to see if the gizmo had sealed correctly, the liquid was clear!

I haven't seen RV antifreeze change color when stored in the bottle for extended times (over a year); not sure why it should do that in your pool overnight. That would make me suspect a water leak into the area you're looking at. However, I have no direct experience with IG pool closings, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

As singingond mentioned, do you have a lot more water in the skimmer now then you did before? If so, maybe that is what you are dealing with.

My skimmer was almost 100% dry as the water level was below the skimmer in the pool and kept vacuuming the water during the closing. In Philadelphia, I doubt the winters will be that rough. The Gizmo is really only what you need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.