Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Haslet Texas just signed contract

1. Back To Top    #1

Haslet Texas just signed contract

Just moved back home to Texas after 11 years. We have built 3 pools hopefully this is our last. It's definitely our most expensive. We have had a play pool with pebble tec, a diving pool with a plaster, and lastly a play pool with spa and small water fall with some sort of quartz in plaster. This time we are going all out. Diving pool with spa and water fall with small grotto. We went with company out of Keller tx. They should start permit process this week and do dig test. Here is alittle info about bid.

Size 39 x 27
    30,859 gallons
    2 skimmers
    400,000 gas heater
    6 ' diving board
    3 led lights in pool, 1 in spa
    Omni Logic automation
    2 hp 2 speed pump Tristar pump 525 ft2 cartridge filter
    8.1 x 6.5 spa
    Single speed pump for water fall grotto
    Wet edge tier 3 midnight ocean
    Aquarite salt system includes coping seal upgrade
    Flagstone coping

Smaller tiles will be in spa
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Haslet Texas just signed contract

Yay!! What an exciting time for you and your family!! Plans look GREAT- I *love* a diving pool!

Keep us posted with pics as the work gets underway, 'k?

Yip
    Maddie- TFP Guide. 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

NICE picks for the tile............love the design!

Your THIRD pool build Some people almost don't make it through ONE! LOL

It is going to be interesting to see how this build goes compared to the others. I am going to guess that you just found TFP. We have some different ideas about how to do things-starting up plaster being one of them.

Have you read this:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This is how we keep our water. It is science bases as well as daily tested in thousands of pools.

I would love to see a pic of the real yard the pool is going in.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome back to Texas! 3 pools! Wow! Please keep posting pics and updates. If you have any questions, just ask. The experts will be here to help you out.

Also, welcome to TFP!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Woo Hoo! Back home to Texas - I love it! Your 4th pool - how awesome is that! It sounds like ya'll know just what you want this time 'round. Your material choices are gorgeous - such rich colors! Your pool design is beautiful - graceful with something for everyone. What are the depths for your pool? How many returns? I don't know much about waterfall grottos - would you want to be able to control the water flow and can you? You mentioned hoping this is your last pool, so you plan to grow old with it? If so, do you want to consider more entry steps with about 6" risers making it easier to get in and out? I have them and everyone (young and old) love them. You've got plenty of room and the perfect spot that won't eat up pool area. See my build thread for one way to do them.

Welcome to TFP and welcome back home to Texas!
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

They dont lie when they say "everything is bigger in texas". You guys make our south florida pools look like kiddie pools!

This is your 3rd pool so you surely have experience, but do you have any children? I love your design, but the raised spa in front of the pool (blocking some of the pool view from your patio and home) has come up as potential concerns from other pool owners. Just wanted to throw that out there.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you for all the welcomes. I'm so glad I found this sight seems very helpful. I think the depth was 3.5 , 5 , 9.
    My husband took the contract to work with him so don't have all the specifics now. I will get some pictures of the yard, our home is on a half acre a lot so lots of room. We have a 20 year old son so just the 3 of us while he is going to school still living at home. It's funny somebody mentioned the spa being in front not towards the back, we were looking at google earth and most of the pools in our neighborhood spa have spa away from the house. We use our spa all the time all year round so walking to it in winter is cold but also we have a tv on our porch so we were thinking we could see from spa if we
    were so inclined to . I think the spa will only be about 18" higher.

8. Back To Top    #8

If you want to see how we "help" with builds go to this epic build tread!

Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you I will read that one ��

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm back for an update now that I've taken the time to figure out the picture thing on this site...lol. Thing are good lots of progress even when 3 days straight of rain with nothing done. Let's see if link works, if not I will try something else haha. I picked in order but doesn't look like drop box has order of date.

Dropbox - Swimming pool

11. Back To Top    #11

I saw pictures! LOTS of pictures! From the look of it you have gunite! When will you get plaster?

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks great! We are in Haslet as well and currently under construction with a pool too! We just put in gunite yesterday and putting tile in. Based on the pictures, looks like your builder was Bailee that was our builder.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I saw pictures! LOTS of pictures! From the look of it you have gunite! When will you get plaster?

Kim
    They are coming Monday to paint decking layout to confirm all good with us so they will get started this week. Plaster is afer decking is all done so not sure how long that will take since that includes fixing sprinklers lines back there. Inspector for the electric was to come last Friday but didn't make it so that is supposed to happen tomorrow as well.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Olddad212 View Post
    Looks great! We are in Haslet as well and currently under construction with a pool too! We just put in gunite yesterday and putting tile in. Based on the pictures, looks like your builder was Bailee that was our builder.
    Oh what a small world. Yes home builder was Bailee, we just bought earlier this year. We love it . That's nice getting the pool done same time as house so your not living there the same time the yard is a mess especially if you have dogs as we do.

15. Back To Top    #15

Make sure to take pics of the patio lay out!

Small world for sure!

Kim