Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: borates in my whirlpool :)

1. Back To Top    #1

borates in my whirlpool :)

Im a service manager at an apartment complex and im the cpo. Ive been reading tfp for a few months and have used all the tips and tricks you guys do to help me run my 115000 litre pool and 5000 litre whirlpool. The last two weeks I've been studying the borate addition and thought I would try it in the whirlpool. used the pool calculator and it worked out great using ma and borax. my water has always been crystal clear in both pools but the whirlpool sure has better feeling water. Very pleased I found this site. Can't wait to try the borates in the main pool. Thanks everyone! Oh forgot to add that the ph rise from areation sure is slower. Pretty cool addition.
    113,000L indoor saltwater pool built in 1981. 1000lb sand filter, filed with quartz with 2hp single speed pump.
    4602L indoor saltwater whirlpool built in 1981. 500lb sand filter with 2hp single speed pump. Both controlled by chemtrol250 and Hayward pro swg's.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: borates in my whirlpool :)

Yes, we definitely recommend adding borates to a hot tub to help control pH. Nice work!

More here for folks who want to know more, How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: borates in my whirlpool :)

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Yes, we definitely recommend adding borates to a hot tub to help control pH. Nice work!

More here for folks who want to know more, How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    Thanks! Yeah there is sure a ton of great info on here. I use 20ppm cya in my indoor pools cause of this site and it sure makes a big difference. I'm thinking of upping it to 30ppm in maybe just the whirlpool first to try it. I use the whirlpool as the test mule just cause it's drained every 2-3 weeks. Been closer to 3 weeks more since using methods and practices on this site
    113,000L indoor saltwater pool built in 1981. 1000lb sand filter, filed with quartz with 2hp single speed pump.
    4602L indoor saltwater whirlpool built in 1981. 500lb sand filter with 2hp single speed pump. Both controlled by chemtrol250 and Hayward pro swg's.