Pump/Filter upgrade Intex 18' Round - recommendations please

Jun 7, 2009
Last year we purchased an Intext 18' round AGP. The pool is 48" deep. The filter/pump supplied in the kit is completely inadequate. I have been researching an upgrade and would appreciate any input from those with experience.

I am considering this pump/filter combo: http://www.kiddietoys.com/ag-hydro-90-s ... anguage=en

Do you think this it too much for my pool? I also want to have the ability to use a pool vac with my filter. The Intex filters do not appear to have this funtionality.

Thanks in advance for your help!

That seems to me to be a little expensive, I have a 18 x48 Intex with a Krystal Clear 2500 pump, that I purchased on Ebay for $100.99 including shipping, and it does an excellent job..Hoses, valves, ect were also included. I have the vaccum that came with the pool, and it really does do the job with this pump. The little wrinkee dink that came with the pool wouldn't even do a kiddie pool justice, #1 reason I got this one, the bigger the better. I wish they would come up with a sand filter for these pools that didn't cost as much as a whole pool kit, cos I sure do hate cleaning the filters.

I have the exact same size above ground pool as you. I would recommend the A-G 18” Sand Filter System w/ 1 hp Pump (at same site). No cartridges to clean, sand filters are so much easier to deal with. The 1 hp pump is the perfect size. Also, vaccums are usually attached to a hose which is attached via the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.