Can it get more clear?

Jul 13, 2016
Milton
My water doesn't seem as clear as it used to be.
FC 3
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 40
Any suggestions on what to look for?
After reading some other posts I will say I have not been brushing as often as recommended, probably once every 2-3 weeks. I haven't had any issues all summer, till 2 weeks ago. Water was cloudy. I did my slam and it cleared it up....mostly.20161002_140546.jpg

Well, first off I'd say your FC is too low. For a CYA of 40, your goal should be to keep the FC between 5 and 7. The higher limit of 7 covers you for daily loss so that you don't drop below the ideal 5ppm. Your 3ppm is the basement of safe and it very well may be going lower each day. Algae will easily take hold if you don't stay on top of it.

Other than that, how's your filter? Is it needing cleaning or backwashing out?

When my water isn't quite as sparkly as normal I always can tell if the pH is a touch high. Yup- I test it and often that is in need of a little MA to bring it down and like magic- the sparkle is back!

I'd address that FC first though.....

My pool lost its sparkle for several weeks this summer. I had left for a 10 day vacation and turned on the tablet chlorine dispenser. When I got back I decided that the dispenser sure was handy and I left it turned on for a couple of weeks (as my cya was low anyway). I tested sloppily using my handy-dandy chlorine/pH color comparison test. Woke up one morning to an overnight algae bloom! I will never again dismiss water that looks "kind of okay"!! I slammed that baby for a couple of days and got her back to beautiful again.
I think you should slam it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.