First year closing with tfp

I'm reading little on polyquat and how it's used. My pool has been balanced this entire Summer and I wasn't going to shut it down till around October however, I wanted to be aware of things that I wasn't last year and I certainly won't be buying no closing chemicals. So, how many users have had good luck with this? Is it needed? What if I just bring my fc to shock and then close?

People have had success with PolyQuat 60 and also without PolyQuat 60. Then again, people have opened up a green pool, even with PolyQuat. Personally, I believe the key is to close when the water temperature is around 60* and open around the same time, that is close late and open early. I closed my pool the last week of September and used PolyQuat in the event temperatures climbed back up. The temperature here in NJ is now cold enough to stall algae, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.