Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First year closing with tfp

1. Back To Top    #1

Moundsville wv

First year closing with tfp

I'm reading little on polyquat and how it's used. My pool has been balanced this entire Summer and I wasn't going to shut it down till around October however, I wanted to be aware of things that I wasn't last year and I certainly won't be buying no closing chemicals. So, how many users have had good luck with this? Is it needed? What if I just bring my fc to shock and then close?
    2015 built myself~15x30x52(15k)AG,vinyl liner~Hayward166t (16'' sand filter w1 Hp pump) Hayward sp1580 power-flo lx series~taylor2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Groton New York

Re: First year closing with tfp

I bring my FC to shock level the day before closing. I do not use polyquat 60. People use it for extra insurance against algae. If you close the pool with water temperatures below 60 consistently you should not need this algaecide.
    32x16 inground chlorine. 23000 gallon with diving board
    vinyl liner 1hp hayward super pump. Waterway sand filter new in 2014.
    maytronics dolphin m200 robot. I live in central NY.
    TF100 kit Taylor speedstir. Sonos audio

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Howell, New Jersey

Re: First year closing with tfp

People have had success with PolyQuat 60 and also without PolyQuat 60. Then again, people have opened up a green pool, even with PolyQuat. Personally, I believe the key is to close when the water temperature is around 60* and open around the same time, that is close late and open early. I closed my pool the last week of September and used PolyQuat in the event temperatures climbed back up. The temperature here in NJ is now cold enough to stall algae, etc.
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Frog Mineralizer System (EMPTY) - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Pool Company tests water (NO LONGER) TF-100 TEST KIT
    Date of Build is 11-2013