Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: first time closing a pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Chicago Il

first time closing a pool

This is my first time closing a pool for the winter. I added all the closing chemicals. dropped about 3-4 in below skimmer. put air pillow in and put cover on. just wondering if it looks okay. It seems that most pics i see of other peoples doesnt seem that the cover sits so low in the pool
    Attached Images Attached Images
    new to permanent pool used to set up temporary intex pools every year

15ft round
    hayward 1-1/2 hp cartridge filter/pump
    using vision pro mineral cartridge that came with it for now

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: first time closing a pool

Those pics are hard to look at being sideways. I am new to most of this but I am pretty sure you need more pillows in there with the cover pulled tighter. From what I have read the cover shouldn't be in contact with the water. I am closing mine today myself. Last year I used one pillow on an 18' pool. This year I am adding another so I will have 2 4x4' pillows. I use chlorine bottles filled with water and rv antifreeze to weight down the cover all the way around (tied to the cover). I am also going to add a leaf net this year so I can keep the leaves removed until they all fall. It was nasty this spring and almost ruined my cover. Good Luck!
    Pool owner for 2 seasons. Started with Intex soft side pool and upgraded in 2015 to 18 x 52 (8600 gallons) Intex Metal Frame pool. Game 75D sand filter (Mystic White II Filter Sand) with 3/4 hp pump rated at 52gpm or 3120gph and over the wall Intex skimmer. Located in central Indiana.