Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC slow to come down

1. Back To Top    #1

High Point, N.C.

FC slow to come down

We had a lot of rain week before last and an algae bloom started late last week. My FC was like 2. My CYA was 55. I got my PH to 7.5 with acid and began to slam (by the book). It was slow getting my CYA up during the summer so I decided to slam with Trichlor initially. I got my FC up to 26 and kept it there during the slam with bleach. I swept the entire pool each day. On Sunday morning the OCLT revealed an overnight drop of 1 ppm FC to 24 and a CC of 0.5. The pool was clear except for a little cloudiness. I was done. I left the SWG off and on Wednesday checked and the FC was 19. I checked the CYA and it was up to 80. I just checked the FC this morning and it's only down to 15. What's going on here? I've never had FC stick around like this, of course I never had CYA that high...usually sub-optimal. Is something wrong or should I just wait with SWG off?

20,000gal, inground, vinyl liner, 1.5hp Hayward Superpump, Hayward sand filter, Heat Pump, CircuPool SWG, BBB w/o Borax, one skimmer, Caretaker floor popups, two return jets at stairs, waterfall.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: FC slow to come down

of course I never had CYA that high.
    That's the answer. It'll still come down....give it time
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Dallas Ga

Re: FC slow to come down

Not directly related to your question but...
    You said "The pool was clear except for a little cloudiness. I was done."
    Actually, you aren't done with the SLAM yet. No cloudiness, at all, is one of the three criteria for completion.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C