Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquid Chlorine and Pool Store Experience

1. Back To Top    #1
    Memphis, TN

Liquid Chlorine and Pool Store Experience

Ran into the pool store this morning just to look around and kill some time while the wife was shopping. Asked the guy working there if they had liquid chlorine but I already knew the answer. I kinda like just hearing what they have to say about it now that I've found multiple sources in my area now.

He said, "no the only place around here that sells it is yada, yada, yada". I said, well I just bought some at Wal Mart and he looked at me like I had two heads and said, "well I don't know how they're able to sell it like that, that stuff has a shelf life of just a few days". I said, no pretty sure its at least a couple of months and we proceeded to argue about it.

Then I blew his mind saying you could just bleach as it was the same thing just a few percent weaker. He looked at me like I was nuts and said 'no sir" and I said "have a nice day" as I left the store.
    Memphis, TN.
    Pool IG, 20K gallon, Gunite. Triton Sand filter, Chlorinating Liquid, Rock Water Feature, New plaster 2015
    Spa 450 gal, Tropic Seas Waikiki 864L, Bromine
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Liquid Chlorine and Pool Store Experience

You're soooooo bad!
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Where is the like button when you need it
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4
    Cincinnati, OH

He would have the same stories if you showed him the active ingredients on a jug of pool shock and a jug of bleach. The store only wants you to buy pucks, because they have magic UV inhibitors.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

5. Back To Top    #5

Peoria AZ

I am always amazed at the amount of pool "experts" that do not know its the same exact thing!
    10k gal, IG Plaster, 3/4HP WhisperFlo pump, A.0 Smith Centurion single speed motor, Pentair TritonII sand filter, TF100 test kit, Hayward suction cleaner, City well water