Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: New Pool Owner and new to TFP!

Hello TFP wise ones
    I live in Cape Town, South Africa.
    I am interested in finding ways of using H202 in may pool and NOT using chlorine, bromine and acid etc.
    I look forward to learning how to maintain my pool, with you.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP!

Hello Rebecca and welcome to TFP! Very nice to have you join us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Rebecca,
    the TFP method of maintaining pools uses chlorine as the Anchor for disinfection and prevention of algae. Other methods of maintaining swimming pools have been proven to be ineffective and no one on this site uses them.

If you are going to control your pH, then Acid of some sort must be used. The natural tendendcy for pH in swimming pools is to rise, and some sort of acid is absolutely necessary to bring it back to within acceptable range. High pH is very detrimental to pool surfaces and equipment.

I would recommend that if you care to even consider chlorine, to read Pool School. There is a lot of useful inforation there about pool care.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

I am wondering what you have been told about why chlorine, bromine, and acid are not recommended.