Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coverstar Auto Cover Pricing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Coverstar Auto Cover Pricing?

I'm in the process of getting bids on a new pool. Basic specs are a 20x40 gunite rectangle. We got a price for a Coverstar with an encapsulated track... $20,975. We are located in Eastern PA. Is this price reasonable? I was expecting a price in the 10k range, so this blew me away.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Coverstar Auto Cover Pricing?

Markets will vary I'm sure. My coverstar was 11,500 with the pool build (16x34, with the track underneath the deck - I assume that's "encapsulated")

Basic manual switch, no wifi, sensors, or other extras.

I had to find my own electrical - can't really break that one out for you as he did the wiring for the whole build.

I am currently waiting (2 weeks and counting) on a replacement cover, though - it caught and ripped while opening after a couple of days, and now it opens crooked. PB is covering it so I assume something was installed wrong...

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by mummer43 View Post
    I'm in the process of getting bids on a new pool. Basic specs are a 20x40 gunite rectangle. We got a price for a Coverstar with an encapsulated track... $20,975. We are located in Eastern PA. Is this price reasonable? I was expecting a price in the 10k range, so this blew me away.

That's a reasonable price.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

That sounds like what I have heard, are you going through Coverstar Eastcoast?

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm not sure where that builder gets his Coverstar covers. Another builder just quoted me $9800 for a PCS cover. Why such a large discrepancy?

6. Back To Top    #6

I bought a cover pools cover with my 20' x 40' pool in 2011, it was approx $13,000.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Mine was above ground track coverstar (as pool is not rectangular) with cover itself in-ground, and was about 14,000. But prices can vary depending upon options selected.
    38'x16' Fiberglass pool - 3.5' - 8' deep - 19,000 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWG (RC-52 cell), Pentair SuperFlo VS, Pentair SD70 Sand Filter, Coverstar Automatic Cover, 10' board, PAL Treo lighting, Polaris 9550 Sport robot, Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 test kit.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Are you getting an aluminum mechanism or a stainless steel mechanism. There can be quite the difference in covers if you are not comparing apples to apples.

Also are you getting poured lids or a aluminum lid for the cover trough. Are you doing some paver deck around the cover track. There are a lot of things that can effect cover pricing.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Our Coverstar was $14,460 for 18 x 38 which is 17% smaller and over 3 years ago. Options do make a big difference. Ours is encapsulated and gunite with stone lid option and a wireless keypad (which failed after three years).
    Coverstar only has one mechanism option which makes that piece easier if he only uses them.
    $10K for an optioned up cover is way below market.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10