Hot Spring Spas - Ace Salt electrode vs Deuce

Sep 30, 2016
Canada
Hello,

The Hot Spring Spas Ace Salt cell that came with my 2014 spa is nearing the end of its lifespan and will need replacement soon. It has been working well, but a replacement cell costs ~800$ and I have to use their Vanishing Act bag at around $50 per fill to reduce the calcium level to ~50ppm (anyone know what is in this mysterious bag?).

In my previous hot tub I used a Colorchlor (aftermarket drape-over salt cell) with excellent results. The same company now manufactures a "Deuce" cell which is a direct replacement for the Ace cell, at a cost of $500. It seems to have good reviews.

Ace Cell
Pros: Incorporates boron doped diamond (BDD) technology to improve sanitization (no this is not a gimmick - it has a proven track record in wastewater treatment)
Cons: High cost of electrode and requires calcium reducing bag for each fill.

Deuce Cell
Pros: Much cheaper. Don't need to reduce calcium level
Cons: No BDD.

Does anyone have any ideas/experience on which cell to buy? I am not looking to get rid of the salt system - it works very well for me, even if it has had mixed results for other people. It reduces my maintenance significantly.

It depends I think Hot Spring tubs come with a 5 year warranty to the original owner, if so you may want to weigh the chances that they may invalidate the warranty vs cell cost this time around.

Hello,

The Hot Spring Spas Ace Salt cell that came with my 2014 spa is nearing the end of its lifespan and will need replacement soon. It has been working well, but a replacement cell costs ~800$ and I have to use their Vanishing Act bag at around $50 per fill to reduce the calcium level to ~50ppm (anyone know what is in this mysterious bag?).

In my previous hot tub I used a Colorchlor (aftermarket drape-over salt cell) with excellent results. The same company now manufactures a "Deuce" cell which is a direct replacement for the Ace cell, at a cost of $500. It seems to have good reviews.

Ace Cell
Pros: Incorporates boron doped diamond (BDD) technology to improve sanitization (no this is not a gimmick - it has a proven track record in wastewater treatment)
Cons: High cost of electrode and requires calcium reducing bag for each fill.

Deuce Cell
Pros: Much cheaper. Don't need to reduce calcium level
Cons: No BDD.

Does anyone have any ideas/experience on which cell to buy? I am not looking to get rid of the salt system - it works very well for me, even if it has had mixed results for other people. It reduces my maintenance significantly.

Sale on Deuce cells - Spa Chlorinator Chlorine Generator Replacement Cell - Works on all Ace Systems!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.