ewwwwwwwww.....

pepsiholic

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Fairmont, WV
I just got around to emptying the sand of my old filter after my conversion. I bought a bigger filter and new sand for my new BBB ways.

I popped the valve thingy off the top and ewwwwww...lol...the sand was FULL of green nasty looking chunks of stuff. All that after only 1 year of Baquacil? Makes me believe my water was never sanitary no matter what the "strips" and "pool store" said.

I'm not quite sure what to do with this sand, though. Should I just dumped it and hose it away? Should I use it to backfill my drainage ditch behind the pool before I fill it with gravel? It kind of grosses me out thinking about it still being around though...lol

I am so glad I found this forum! Everytime I have a question, I just pop in here and look it up, most of the time it's already been answered. Keep up the good work everyone!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.